Injured at Work?
If you have been injured at work and need medical treatment or time off work, you may be entitled to claim benefits under WorkCover.
Workcover entitlements include:
- Medical and like expenses
- If you are unable to return to work, weekly payments of compensation
- If you are left with a permanent injury, a lump sum payment for impairment
- Damages for pain and suffering and loss of earnings
You may claim for any physical or psychological injury suffered at work. If you had a pre-existing condition, you may still be entitled to claim if work has made your condition worse.
We can assist you with all stages of your compensation claim, including the following:
- Lodging a claim form
- Disputing a rejected claim
- Disputing terminated weekly payments and/or medical benefits
- Return to work issues
- Lodging lump sum claims
We represent all injured workers, not just those with major injuries. All clients are important to us and all forms of compensation can be pursued.
If you have been injured at work, you should do the following:
- Seek appropriate medical treatment
- Report your injury to your Employer
- Lodge a WorkCover claim
Dealing with WorkCover Insurers can be difficult and seeking appropriate legal advice is important to maximise your compensation. There are time limits in which to lodge WorkCover claims and commence damages proceedings. Contact our office for a free consultation (03) 9642 5332